Author Topic: Welcome to Ardenstone Adventures!  (Read 249894 times)

Ardenstone

• Global Moderator
  • Trollkin
    • View Profile
    • Ardenstone Adventures
Welcome to Ardenstone Adventures!
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »
Welcome to Ardenstone Adventures!  The forums are here mainly to discuss the Tunnels & Trolls utilities at the main site.  If you have any questions, notice a bug, or would like to see something added please don't hesitate to speak up.

At the moment, the login for this forum is separate than that from the core site.  I'll be merging those soon, so please create an account here at the forum!  The forum username and password will be migrated to control access to the entire site (that way you only need one login).

Happy Delving - Ardenstone
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:06:13 PM by Admin »

Ardenstone

• Global Moderator
  • Trollkin
    • View Profile
    • Ardenstone Adventures
Re: Welcome to Ardenstone Adventures!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
UPDATE: The security has been merged.  If you want to use Ardenstone Adventures you'll need to use the username and password that gets you into this forum to log on.  I added a button at the top in the menu for "Ardenstone Adventures" which will take you back to the character creation part.  I'll try to get the normal footer added soon, too.

Did you have an old login and now the forum won't let you use that same username?  Send me an email at ardenstone@ardenstone.com and I'll create an account for you and link it to your old one.

JohnB5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »
Hello

A week ago, I created an account, and logged in and managed to create and save a character. I also started collating my list of adventures. The next day, I have tried to log in, but all I seem to be able to do is get to the forum. If I click on the links to my character, I get asked to log in again, and then I end up at the forum again. There now seem to be no way to get back to my character, nor to create and save a new one.

Do you have plans to sort this out? Thanks - John

Ardenstone

• Global Moderator
  • Trollkin
    • View Profile
    • Ardenstone Adventures
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
John,
   Good question - try going into the forum (if you're logged in, log out.  Then go back into the forum) and logging in from there.  Oddly that seems to work for most folks although it's pretty convoluted.

If that still doesn't work would you mind letting me know what browser and operating system you're using?

The integration has major flaws that seem to hit most people but are intermittent for others.  Fixing that is going to require a substantial change in the login process (aka: I'm not sure how to do it, yet!).  I've been away for a few months and the forum got taken over by spammers in the meantime.  I think that's mostly cleaned out by now.  So will try to re-engineer this in the next few weeks.

Hope this helps,
   Ardenstone

Ardenstone

• Global Moderator
  • Trollkin
    • View Profile
    • Ardenstone Adventures
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
Folks, I made another mod to security trying to get this to work correctly.  If you now can't log out at the forum screen, clear your cookies (or at least the ones from this site).  That seems to be a one time thing, the old cookie doesn't play well with how SMF is now configured.  Once you clear it you should be good.  New users or those who haven't been around in a while shouldn't have this problem.

If you're still having any kind of login issue, please let me know!  They have been intermittent so I'll think I've fixed it and then, days later, something will crop up.

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 04:18:33 AM »
Hi Chris,

I have a bunch of old characters I'd like to save in your system. I managed to create one Altor and to determine his attributes, height, weight all right. I then managed to add one talent. But how do I raise his APs and add his spells and equipment?

Cheers

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 04:22:17 AM »
Actually, I was able to add new spells (I just erased the gp cost).

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:25:00 AM »
OK, I was also able to add APs, but something should be changed in the French version.
In the line "Ajouter (mettre un signe - pour soustraire)  à l'attribut", the word "l'attribut" should be erased, as it is misleading. You can add points to an attribute, but you can also add APs or GPs.

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 04:33:03 AM »
OK, I was also able to add special Equipment ("modifier l'équipement" and then "ajouter un article original" heading)!

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 04:41:30 AM »
Only, to use any added Equipment item, you have to select the option: "Afficher les articles trop chers ou dont le personnage ne peut pas se servir:". For some reason, the added items seem to be automatically classified as too expensive (even if the GP value was set at 0)?

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 04:43:25 AM »
In fact, you don't have to select the above option, but you have to get back to the main screen and re-enter the Equipment modification screen (otherwise, your new item doesn't appear).

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 04:50:22 AM »
I wanted to add a magical protection amulet that provides 5 points of armor. I classified it as a piece of armor. I then wanted to wear complete plate armor, but had to waive the amulet. There was an error message telling me that I couldn't wear complete armor and a piece of armor at the same time. I guess there should be an additional category of armor like "magical protection amulet/ring/etc"?

Grrraall

• Trollkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 04:51:22 AM »
By the way, the error message should be "Vous ne pouvez porter qu'un harnois (the h was missing) ou des pièces d'armure."

Ardenstone AdventuresYour CharactersForum

do not click this